Thursday, January 22, 2009

Social Security Death Index

Believe it or not, it is often easier to get information from the dead than from the living. Much of my research is concentrated on death and cemetery records, census records, and the Social Security Death Index (SSDI). I'm using the SSDI to support my theory that all of us have ancestors whose records are now in the SSDI. If I can link everyone named L__master in the SSDI as being related, it's highly unlikely there are those living with the name who aren't related to us. As of January 14, 2009, I have linked all 93 Lowmasters in the SSDI. There are eight Loumasters; all connected. There are 45 Lawmasters and I have connected 43 of them. I am still working on the remaining two. I will admit, I'm not sure where those two fit in.

UPDATE 1/22/09: There are six Laumasters in the SSDI of which I connected two. I must add these to the list and bring them into the fold as well.

No comments: