Monday, February 16, 2009

Daniel Wenger, 5th Cousin or So

I had an opportunity to work with the Amgen Tour of California, a professional bike race, February 14-17. My assignment on Monday was Santa Cruz, a coastal town in northern California.

I had corresponded with Daniel Wenger a number of times over the years. Since he lived in Santa Cruz I made a point to alert him to my presence and my assignment (Bay @ Anthony). Ture to schedule, he showed up to say hello but had to leave before the race came through.


Barry and Daniel


Daniel and I are 5th cousins, once removed, through Rev. Christian Wenger and Maria Weaver and through Henry Light, Jr., and Magdalena Funk. And we're also 7th cousins, once removed through Hans (John) Wenger and Ann Shirk. And maybe through two different lines. Not quite sure how that one works. But it was a great to meet another cousin.

No comments: